- What should I wear? Business casual or local-style wraparound skirts?
- Where will I live? What will my home be like? Will I share it with others?
- What is the university like? How bit is it? Only teaching students, or all majors?
- Who will my students be? Undergraduates? Teachers? A mix?
- What classes will I teach the first term?
- What equipment/facilities are available for teaching?
- What kind of English preparation will my students have had?
- What's the academic schedule for the year?
- Will there be other foreign teachers?
- What is daily life like now in Banda Aceh?
- Which immunizations should I get?
- What form(s) of communication are available back to the U.S.?
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Questions, questions
I have so many questions. I really need to start a list of things I want to ask my embassy. Here are some of them:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Heather!
I saw your comment on Lara's blog and followed you to this one! I'm so excited to hear about your time in Indonesia. I read a bit about your stay in Korea, it sounds like it was by turns exciting and frustrating.
I'm in Meixco at the moment teaching and based in Iowa these days. Can we catch up? You can find me at stuckmiddle.blogspot.com or klevelle (at) gmail (dot) com
1. Is good ice cream available locally?
2. How come nobody ever talks about Outdonesia? Is it a sensitive topic I should avoid bringing up?
3. I know they don't generally wear burkahs in Indonesia, but can I wear one if I want to?
Post a Comment